February 4, 2014
There are a bunch of new features in the library itself, and
other important changes in the life of the project. Thanks everyone
for sending code and reporting bugs!
igraph @ github
igraph's development has moved from Launchpad to github.
This has actually happened several month ago, but never
announced officially. The place for reporting bugs is
igraph's homepage is now hosted at http://igraph.org, and it is
brand new. We wanted to make it easier to use and modern.
Better nightly downloads
You can download nightly builds from igraph at
http://igraph.org/nightly. Source and binary R packages (for windows
and OSX), C library bundles, and Python source packages are
built currently. We are planning to add binary Python packages
Other news and fixes
- Support edge weights in leading eigenvector community detection.
- Added the LAD library for checking (sub)graph isomorphism, version 1.
- Support incidence matrices in bipartite Pajek files.
Graph.layout_bipartite() function, a simple two-column layout
for bipartite graphs.
- Pajek files in matrix format are now directed by default, unless they
- Support weighted (and signed) networks in Pajek when file is in
- Fixed a bug in
Barabasi(), algorithm psumtree-multiple
- Added support for Boolean attributes in the GraphML and GML readers
- Added support for Boolean attributes
- Change MDS layout coordinates, first dim is according to first
Graph.st_mincut() method, to find a minimal s-t cut in a graph.
- Added support for the source= and target= parameters in
Graph.rewire(): now supports the generation and destruction of loops.
- Erdos-Renyi type bipartite random graphs:
- Python: moved igraph.nexus to igraph.remote.nexus
- Fix modularity values of multilevel community if there are no merges
- Added keepaspectratio option to
- Fixed a potential crash in
igraph_edge_connectivity(), because of an
un-initialized variable in the C code.
- VertexSeq and EdgeSeq can now be indexed with NumPy integers
- Avoiding overflow in
Graph.closeness() and related functions.
- Show plots inline in IPython.
- Fixed an invalid memory read (and a potential crash) in the infomap
- Fix a bug in triad census that set the first element of the result
- Fixed a bug in weighted mudularity calculation, sum of the weights
was truncated to an integer.
- Fixed a bug in weighted multilevel communtiies, the maximum weight
was rounded to an integer.
- Reimplement push-relabel maximum flow with gap heuristics.
- Fixed invalid return value of
- Fixed missing whitespace in Pajek writer when the ID attribute was
- Fixed a bug that caused the GML reader to crash when the ID
attribute was non-numeric.
- Added Vertex.graph and Edge.graph attributes.
- Fix dyad census instability, sometimes incorrect results were
- Dyad census detects integer overflow now and gives a warning.
- Added a Gomory-Hu tree implementation:
- sorted out return type inconsistency for
- Added weights support for
- Faster maximal clique finding.
- Fixed a bug in
Graph.isomorphic_vf2(), edge colors were ignored.
- Added rudimentary support for drawing edge labels.
- Generate graphs from a stochastic block model:
- We use PRPACK to calculate PageRank scores
- Implement the
start argument in
- Fixed a bug in graph density that resulted in incorrect values for
undirected graphs with loops.
- Fixed a bug that made Bellman-Ford shortest paths calculations fail.
- Fixed a minimum cut bug for weighted undirected graphs (#564).
- Fixed argument ordering in minimum cut and related functions.